Posted on 29 Aug 2014
Christmas is drawing near and I’m preparing to give the kids at Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home a very meaningful gift.
The Children’s Home is going to start a new reading programme for children and youth (Aged 6 – 18) and needs all our support to contribute books. Here are the key details:
- What: Book Drive for Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home
- When: 1 September – 14 November, 2014
- Where: Drop your books at myVillage, 1 Maju Avenue, Level 2 Concierge Counter, 12 Noon to 8pm Daily
Here are some of the genres they would love to have:
- Science Adventure
- Ladybird Read-it-yourself (Levels 1 – 4)
- Penguin Young Readers (Levels 1 – 4)
- Dr. Seuss Books
- Comic Books
- Roald Dahl Books
- Harry Potter Series
- Lord of the Rings / Tolkien Books
- Unused Sudoku, Word Puzzles or Riddle Books
- Non-Fiction illustrated books on Science, Nature, History, Social Studies
As always, remember to spread the love and keep giving.
Posted on 19 Jun 2014
I got our friend, Don Richmond, to find out what Serangoon Gardeners would do when they had a chance to pay it forward to someone.
But what if it wasn’t just $5? What would you do if you had $10,000?
Marley, Jules and I want to know how YOU would help someone else’s wildest dreams come alive this month at myVillage. Sound crazy? Not really. In fact, we’ll award $10,000 to the best story!
Follow Don and myself, Hugh as we walk the streets of Serangoon Garden in search of the most compelling story. Maybe you want to watch Manchester United play live at Old Trafford. Maybe you’re wishing you had enough money to pay off a student loan you took for art school – Whatever it is, we want to hear it!
- What: The Village Wishing Well Contest
- Where: myVillage, Customer Service Counter, Level 2
- When: 19 June to 20 July 2014
- Simply spend a minimum of $20 anywhere in myVillage in a single receipt
- Take your receipt to our Customer Service Counter, Level 2
- Fill up the ‘Submission Form’ available over-the-counter
- Tell us what you would do if you had $10,000
Know someone who could do with $10,000? Share this link with them! We’ll constantly be updating our Facebook and Twitter pages so be sure to keep a look out!
Dreams do come true.
Terms & Conditions
- This contest is open only to citizens and permanent residents of Singapore. Entrants under the age of thirteen (13) years old must seek parental and/or guardian consent before participating in the Contest.
- This promotion is only valid at myVillage at Serangoon Garden
- The Village Wishing Well contest is valid from 19 June to 20 July 2014.
- Customer entitled to 1 contest chance with every SGD $20 spent within myVillage at Serangoon Garden.
- Only original myVillage tenant receipts will be accepted during the duration of the contest.
- Contest submission must be completed in full by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be received before 20 July 2014, 2100 hrs at Level 2, myVillage Customer Service Counter.
- Representatives of myVillage at Serangoon Garden will pick the contest winner from eligible entries. No correspondence will be entertained about the management’s decision.
- The winners may be required to participate in a photo taking session during the issuing of Contest gift. Pictures may be posted online or showcase in our shop front for display purpose.
- myVillage at Serangoon Garden reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- myVillage reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions herein at our own discretion without prior notice.
- Entry to the contest commences on 19 June and closes on 20 July 2014 (“closing date”). contest entries must be completed in full and made in the manner specified by the closing date. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Winners must produce proof of identity e.g NRIC and the printed prize notification email upon the prize collection.
- The winners of the contest will be notified by via a phone call or prize notification email. myVillage at Serangoon Garden reserves the rights to deal with the unclaimed prize in any manner deemed fit.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by myVillage at Serangoon Garden for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of myVillage by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, myVillage at Serangoon Garden has the sole discretion to decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
Use of Personal Information
- By entering the contest, You agree:
- to the use of your name and/or likeness, without compensation, for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of the information submitted on the contest entry form, without compensation, for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of your answer for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- To use of your pictures taken during the prize collection in our mall or website to publicize our winner.
- Each individual participating to this contest acknowledges that:
- in respect of any Personal Information disclosed by her/him to myVillage at Serangoon Garden or obtained by myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s from her/him pursuant to this application:
- she/he is authorized to disclose such Personal Information; such disclosure complies with any Privacy Legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of this competition, and the use of such Personal Information by myVillage at Serangoon Garden as contemplated by this application (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Personal Information to myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s external agencies or third parties)
- myVillage at Serangoon Garden and its affiliated companies respect the privacy of every individual who visits our Web site or responds to our advertisements and contest. Please refer to our Privacy Statement for details.
Posted on 30 May 2014
Catch these awesome deals at myVillage!
If you would like to sign up for our mailing list, scroll to the bottom of our homepage and sign up!
Posted on 21 Apr 2014
What are you doing this weekend? Clear your afternoons now because our weekend flea is back!
We’ve got Celebrity Blogger, Ju Ann from www.ngjuann.com to join us this coming Saturday! This proud mother of one is a top ten finalist in Singapore’s Blog Awards in 2011, 2012 & 2013 for Best Beauty Blog and she’ll be kicking off the flea with me!
Marley, Jules and I love to giving back to the Serangoon Garden community, and following the recent establishments of Toast Box, iSteaks and Allscipt, we’ve decided this flea is going to be the next installment of the newest happenings around the mall.
This month is shaping up to be awesome, so you’d want to be a part of it too!
- What: Fashion & Arts Baazar at myVillage
- When: 26 & 27 April 2014
- Where: myVeranda, Level 1, myVillage @ Serangoon Garden
- Time: 12pm to 9pm
- With who: Celebrity Blogger, Ju Ann of www.ngjuann.com and of course, Hugh!
Posted on 14 Apr 2014
‘Nuff said. Hurry down today!
In case you need to make plans,
Where: Level 2, myVillage
Hours: Sun – Thu: 11:00 – 23:00, Fri – Sat: 11:00 – 00:00