I got our friend, Don Richmond, to find out what Serangoon Gardeners would do when they had a chance to pay it forward to someone.
But what if it wasn’t just $5? What would you do if you had $10,000?
Marley, Jules and I want to know how YOU would help someone else’s wildest dreams come alive this month at myVillage. Sound crazy? Not really. In fact, we’ll award $10,000 to the best story!
Follow Don and myself, Hugh as we walk the streets of Serangoon Garden in search of the most compelling story. Maybe you want to watch Manchester United play live at Old Trafford. Maybe you’re wishing you had enough money to pay off a student loan you took for art school – Whatever it is, we want to hear it!
- What: The Village Wishing Well Contest
- Where: myVillage, Customer Service Counter, Level 2
- When: 19 June to 20 July 2014
- Simply spend a minimum of $20 anywhere in myVillage in a single receipt
- Take your receipt to our Customer Service Counter, Level 2
- Fill up the ‘Submission Form’ available over-the-counter
- Tell us what you would do if you had $10,000
Dreams do come true.
Terms & Conditions
- This contest is open only to citizens and permanent residents of Singapore. Entrants under the age of thirteen (13) years old must seek parental and/or guardian consent before participating in the Contest.
- This promotion is only valid at myVillage at Serangoon Garden
- The Village Wishing Well contest is valid from 19 June to 20 July 2014.
- Customer entitled to 1 contest chance with every SGD $20 spent within myVillage at Serangoon Garden.
- Only original myVillage tenant receipts will be accepted during the duration of the contest.
- Contest submission must be completed in full by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be received before 20 July 2014, 2100 hrs at Level 2, myVillage Customer Service Counter.
- Representatives of myVillage at Serangoon Garden will pick the contest winner from eligible entries. No correspondence will be entertained about the management’s decision.
- The winners may be required to participate in a photo taking session during the issuing of Contest gift. Pictures may be posted online or showcase in our shop front for display purpose.
- myVillage at Serangoon Garden reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- myVillage reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions herein at our own discretion without prior notice.
- Entry to the contest commences on 19 June and closes on 20 July 2014 (“closing date”). contest entries must be completed in full and made in the manner specified by the closing date. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Winners must produce proof of identity e.g NRIC and the printed prize notification email upon the prize collection.
- The winners of the contest will be notified by via a phone call or prize notification email. myVillage at Serangoon Garden reserves the rights to deal with the unclaimed prize in any manner deemed fit.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by myVillage at Serangoon Garden for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of myVillage by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, myVillage at Serangoon Garden has the sole discretion to decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
Use of Personal Information
- By entering the contest, You agree:
- to the use of your name and/or likeness, without compensation, for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of the information submitted on the contest entry form, without compensation, for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
- to the use of your answer for myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- To use of your pictures taken during the prize collection in our mall or website to publicize our winner.
- Each individual participating to this contest acknowledges that:
- in respect of any Personal Information disclosed by her/him to myVillage at Serangoon Garden or obtained by myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s from her/him pursuant to this application:
- she/he is authorized to disclose such Personal Information; such disclosure complies with any Privacy Legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of this competition, and the use of such Personal Information by myVillage at Serangoon Garden as contemplated by this application (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Personal Information to myVillage at Serangoon Garden’s external agencies or third parties)
- myVillage at Serangoon Garden and its affiliated companies respect the privacy of every individual who visits our Web site or responds to our advertisements and contest. Please refer to our Privacy Statement for details.